New UN Global Compact Academy E-Courses on Gender Equality
The Academy is the UN Global Compact’s digital learning platform providing business leaders and practitioners with actionable skills to help companies move further faster in implementing the Ten Principles of the UN Global Compact and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Through innovative learning experiences across key topics and languages, the Academy offers companies actionable insights and best practices relevant to your specific challenges and needs, regardless of corporate function or where you are on your sustainability journey. All employees of companies participating in UN Global Compact have unlimited access to the Academy.
The Academy has recently launched two e-courses on gender equality: How to Increase Gender Balance in Boardrooms and Gender Equality: How Business Can Accelerate the Pace of Change.
Completing the How to Increase Gender Balance in Boardrooms e-learning course will help participants learn:
- Why board diversity is critical to business performance and sustainability
- How to set, meet and stay accountable to ambitious targets
- How increased government and investor expectations, as well as stock exchange listing requirements, are incentivizing business to prioritize board diversity
- Diverse examples of strategies that companies have adopted to secure parity on boards and ensure that women’s perspectives are equally valued in decision-making
Completing the Gender Equality: How Business Can Accelerate the Pace of Change e-learning course will help participants learn:
- Why gender equality and women’s empowerment is a prerequisite to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals
- How your company can contribute to the achievement of SDG 5
- How to build the business case for gender equality in your company
- How the Women’s Empowerment Principles and other key frameworks, Tools and resources can support your business
- Concrete steps that your business can take to mainstream gender equality into strategy and operations
Explore more of the Academy here.