SDG Summit USA
Today's business landscape is characterized by an unprecedented, accelerating, and complex mix of risks and opportunities. New markets are emerging rapidly due to megatrends such as climate change, supply chain realignment, and global health risks. There is a growing understanding – especially by business leaders ahead of the curve – that it is not enough for companies to react to these trends. They must take a proactive role in shaping a better world for this and future generations. The businesses that understand this challenge and act will be a step ahead. The UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) provide a powerful north star for improving our world, laying out collectively where we need to go and how to get there.
In Network USA's first in-person event post-COVID, we will bring together US companies during the UN General Assembly who actively support the UN Secretary General's call to align their strategies and operations with universal principles. This year, Network USA will be hosting SDG Summit USA to showcase actions that American companies are taking to increase ambition, innovation, and implement the SDGs into their core operations.
SDG Summit USA Agenda
12:30 – 1:00 Registration and Networking
1:00 – 1:30 Welcome and Introductions
1:30 – 1:50 Opening Keynote:
- Sanda Ojiambo, Assistant Secretary-General, and CEO, UN Global Compact
1:50 – 2:30 Panel: SDG Ambition
2:30 – 2:50 SDG Pioneers USA Award
- Winner: Dianne Heiler, Senior Director of Packaging and Sustainability, Repligen
- Finalist: Daniel Akinmade Emejulu, Program Manager, UN Affairs, Microsoft
- Finalist: Monica Bauer Mengelberg, Vice President of Corporate Affairs, PepsiCo
- Finalist: Carla Joan González, Business Development & Marketing Director, AD&V
2:50 – 3:10 Break
- The break will be hosted by DJ Terradisco.
3:10 – 3:50 Panel: SDG Innovation
3:50 – 4:30 Panel: SDG Implementation
4:30 – 5:00 Closing Keynotes:
- Solitaire Townsend, Author, and Co-Founder of Futerra
- Accenture Speaker
5:00 – 6:00 Reception
You can email email@example.com for any questions.
*This will be live-streamed. You can register to watch Uniting Business LIVE here