Congratulations to Our 2022 SDG Pioneers Winner and Finalists!
UN Global Compact Network USA is pleased to announce the winner and finalists of the 2022 SDG Pioneers initiative. SDG Pioneers recognizes business leaders who are doing an exceptional job in advancing the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) through the implementation of the UN Global Compact’s Ten Principles on human rights, labor, environment, and anti-corruption. SDG Pioneers help advance one or more of the SDGs while also contributing to business success.
UN Global Compact Network USA is please to recognize Dianne Heiler, Senior Director of Packaging and Sustainability, Repligen as its 2022 SDG Pioneer. Dianne has worked diligently with her leadership team and cross-functional colleagues to embed relevant SDGs into Repligen's business processes. She played a critical role in starting the conversation around the UNGC’s Ten Principles and translating them into tangible examples that their executive leadership team could support and build on. She leveraged the UNGC's many resources, tools, and publications and she laid out a sensible yet ambitious path forward using the Ten Principles and 17 SDGs as a guide and helped to identify 7 core SDGs most relevant to Repligen. She is leading the effort to build Repligen's Scope 3 greenhouse gas emissions inventory and identify areas for improvement through conversations with suppliers and service providers both up- and downstream their value chain.
Network USA would also like to recognize its inspiring SDG Pioneers finalists who have demonstrated their commitment to and leadership in advancing the SDGs in their respective companies. Each finalist has introduced new and innovative ideas to help drive its company sustainability journey forward.
- Daniel Akinmade Emejulu, Program Manager UN Affairs, Microsoft
- Carla Joan Gonzalez, Business Development and Marketing Director, AD&V
- Monica Bauer Mengelberg Lopez, Vice President Corporate Affairs, PepsiCo
Our 2022 SDG Pioneer was selected by an external review committee. We would like to recognize and thank our review committee for strongly supporting our work.
- Sanjeev Khagram, CEO, Director-General & Dean, Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Lisa Kurbiel, Head of Secretariat, United Nations Joint SDG Fund
- Shobha Meera, Chief Corporate Social Responsibility Officer, Capgemini
- Paul Rice, Founder & CEO, Fair Trade USA
- Gayle Schueller, Senior Vice President and Chief Sustainability Officer, 3M