February 10, 2016 -
Sustainable Development Goals and the Private Sector: Business Leadership Toward a Sustainable World
Thursday, March 31, 9:00am – 6:00pm (Registration opens at 8:00am)
Pfizer Headquarters: 235 East 42nd Street, New York, NY 10017
Agenda with speakers.
Join us for this unique opportunity to learn, share, and network with senior leaders from prominent, forward-thinking companies and organizations on how to support the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) while achieving business success. Governments worldwide have agreed to these goals. Now it is time for business to take action!
Key presentation and discussion takeaways include:
- Update on national and international policy
- Impact assessment, prioritization, and goal-setting
- Developing innovative and effective partnerships
- Communicating progress on the SDGs
- Guidance on the SDG Compass, a strategic planning tool
Speakers will include:
- Lise Kingo, Executive Director, United Nations Global Compact
- Peter Seligmann, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, Co-founder, Conservation International
- Miguel Veiga-Pestana, Chief Communications Officer, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- David Nabarro, Under Secretary-General, Special Adviser on the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development and Climate Change
- Jonathan Atwood, VP, Sustainable Living and Corporate Communications, Unilever
- Dawn Rittenhouse, Director, Sustainable Development, DuPont
- Shaun Mickus, Executive Director, Corporate Citizenship & Community Relations, Johnson & Johnson
- Mary Tullis Engvall, Corporate Responsibility Manager, Cigna
- David Figliuzzi, Executive Director, Cigna Foundation
- Jason Morrison, Head, CEO Water Mandate
- Aman Singh, VP, Business + Social Purpose, Edelman
Event fee includes continental breakfast, lunch, and cocktail hour. Students and others with particular financial constraints may apply for a fee waiver.
Please do not hesitate to contact Ryan Brandenburg at firstname.lastname@example.org or 203.563.0644 x7006 if you have any questions regarding the event or how to register.